Tuesday, March 20, 2012

One Month Anniversary of My Surgery!!

Well, its been one month ago today since I had my surgery.  Wow how things have changed in a month!  I'm down to 236 lbs, feeling pretty good most of the time, and able to eat some real food without too much trouble.


A lot of my clothing is way too big and falling off.  I was in Food Lion two days ago and had on a pair of my favorite shorts.  All the sudden I felt them sliding down my butt! Yikes! Of course it didn't help that I had my cell phone in my pocket that was dragging them down as well.  


Guess its time to get rid of those shorts.  Darn they were comfortable!  I took my measurements the other day because I seem to be in a bit of a stall.  My waist has gone from a 65 to a 51.  My bust has gone from a 58 to a 46.  Its just amazing!


I look at myself in the mirror and I can't see that I've lost almost 100 lbs since July.  Every one else sees it.  I guess I have body dysmorphia.  One day I'll be able to see the "real" me in the mirror, I suppose.  


For now, I'm just glad to be able to be healthy and happy.  I'm down to only one med, my nighttime maintenance of insulin.  I'm not taking much and it may be DC'd at my doctor's appointment on Thursday.  We'll see!


Here's to health!!

No comments:

Post a Comment