Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Day Before I Begin My Journey

So I've spent the better part of a week thinking about this.  Of course, I had decided long ago I was going to have WLS, then my accident happened and well things got so complicated.  Now here I am, 6 years later.  I'm 6 years older, my health is declining even more and I have to do something NOW!

I'm a Type 2 diabetic on Lantus Solostar-31 units at night; Humalog-sliding scale; Actos, and Metformin-1000 mgs twice a day.  Still no control over my diabetes.  Since my accident, my depression has gotten worse, my back hurts, my hip hurts, my joints hurt.

My last weight was 298,  I'm only 5'4" tall.

So it's time to call my doctors and start making decisions.  Tomorrow is the day that I call and make an appointment to start discussing Gastric Bypass Surgery.  I know that its only a tool. One that I have to use wisely but its one that will help me to lose this weight and start the journey on the next phase of my life.  I don't have alot of support here and that scares me but I have to do it for ME!

Tammy had it done a year ago and I've seen all the mistakes she's made.  I don't want to do that.  She doesn't eat, she lives on DD coffee.  She's had all kinds of problems and she ignores them.  When I try to explain, I'm interfering in her life.  So, I'm going to try to do everything I'm supposed to do, right.

I'm not perfect, I'll stumble and fall but I can pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again!

Today is the last day of my old life.  My journey towards my NEW LIFE begins tomorrow!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment