Monday, February 6, 2012

Approved & Got A Date!!

Things are happening quickly now!  I'm approved for surgery!  YAY!


TriCare approved me in 2 days! How's that for fast?! Holy Moly!  


My surgery date is 2/20!  I start my liquid diet this Friday on 2/10.  Time is flying by.  I'm so excited and nervous  and all those other emotions are getting in there.  This is the beginning of my new life!  I have a couple of people who are worried about me.  But I have done my research.  This isn't something that I decided on a whim.  This is something that I have been trying to have done since 2005.  If it wasn't for my accident in 2006, I would have already had this surgery.


All things happen for a reason and if it wasn't for my accident, I wouldn't be living here in TN more than likely so I'm not going to complain.  


I have almost everything I need for my liquid diet.  I still need to pick up a few things.  When I got the instructions for the 19th, I laughed out loud!  I'm going to be spending the entire day in the bathroom.  HAHAAHAHA


The bowl prep is horrendous!  But Oh well what can I say, it has to be done.  I'm going to have a permanent ring around my butt.  I'll bring my netbook and a tray table in the bathroom with me and just relax on the throne for the day and probably the night.  BAHAHAHAHAHA!!


My friend Jane had her surgery on the 31st and she had a complication.  Thank goodness they caught it.  She started to bleed internally.  But they caught it and she's now doing fine. She came home from the hospital yesterday.  She sounds like her happy go lucky self again.  I'm glad.


Fran and Megan are both having their surgeries today!!  I wish them both luck!  I told them to save me a seat on the Loser's bench!!
'Cause I'm gonna be there soon!! Wooohooo!



Watch out world, here I come!!



2 comments:

  1. I am on Team Laurie. Sending you love and light on this new journey. ~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crow, my wonderful Sister! I appreciate your friendship and your support!

      Delete