Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wooohoooo!!  Yesterday I got on the scale and I finally lost the last 3.7 lbs to bring me 100 lbs lost!  Amazing, just amazing!  I'm so psyched and amazed that I've now lost 100 lbs!  


I started this journey back on July 15th, 2011.  What caused me to do this?  Lifting a 50 lb feed bag and injuring my back.  I was flat on my back for 2 weeks, where I had pulled all the muscles.  I was sick & tired of being sick & tired!  This propelled me onto this wonderful journey that I'm on now!


As you know, I had my RNY on February 20, 2012.  Yes, I had complications, yes I spent 5 days in ICU trying to recover, yes I had numerous blood transfusions.  Would I do it all over again?  YES! In a heartbeat!


I started this journey at 329.  Yesterday I was 229, today I'm 228, so I've lost another pound!  Yes, I'm still having problems with some foods, so I'll stick with the basics until I'm able to do better.  Protein shakes, greek yogurt, Babybel cheese, pudding with added protein powder in it to boost protein.  I can eat a half a Bagel Thin grilled with cheese on it too.  Sometimes I can tolerate fish, sometimes I can't.  Day by day is what I have to do and what I will do.  


I took my waist and chest measurements today.  I'll do the rest later when Steven can help me.  But my waist has gone from 65 inches to 50 inches.  My chest has gone from 56 inches to 44 inches.  This is just amazing and sometimes overwhelming to me.  I was remembering this morning that after I had little Cliff, I was 228 lbs.   Cliff is going to be 29 years old this year.  So its been 29 years since I've been this weight!  29 years I've been carrying all this excess weight around.  It's really sad if you think about it.  I missed out on so much being as heavy as I was.  


But today is a new day!  I refuse to dwell about what might have been, just what will be!!  So here's to today, a whole new day in my whole new life!!  And what a great life its going to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment