Sunday, October 16, 2011

It'a a great Sunday!

Great day! Slept in this morning, felt so good.  Got up, checked my blood sugar. It was 145. Not bad. Better than the 200's that it had been, even with the insulin! Made a chocolate protein shake. YUM! Drank that and decided that I wanted to go for a walk.  


We drove into town and walked in the small town park. Dillon kept stopping to tie his shoe. (One day, I swear he WILL learn to tie his shoes correctly! LOL) I took a few pictures with my phone and we walked.  There was this older couple there, I would say mid to late 70's that was walking too. They soon passed me.  I was a bit disgruntled and blamed Dillon but it wasn't him. It was ME. 


I'm terribly out of shape and I know this about myself.  I haven't regularly exercised in years.  I'm over 250 lbs and I need to accept the fact that I have to take things slowly.  I need to work at my own pace and not try to compete with others.  Something I need to remind myself. 


I am a unique individual and nothing I do is going to be like anyone else. I just need to keep on keeping on and I'm hit my goal! Keep my eye on the prize.  The prize is a healthier ME!

1 comment:

  1. I suggest you go by yourself next time so you won't have any excuses for going that slow. Then push yourself a little bit. I have been stopping at our track in two for the last two weeks. I feel so much better but I do try to push myself to walk as many laps as possible as quickly as I possibly can. You can do more than you think if you put your mind to it but if you keep on telling yourself, you have to go slow, you will just keep going slow. Just because you are heavy doesn't mean you are out of shape. You have to have some muscles in there to carry that weight around, you just have to move the weight off them and you'll see. Keep walking! ---but don't give yourself any excuses.

    ReplyDelete